Its been wayyyyyyy to long, I don’t want to make excuses. But basically, school is just insanity. Nursing school and a toddler no joke people!
Anyway I will post 2 blog posts today and try and get 2-3 done a month now hopefully.
This is Karter and his Great-Grandma, I thought I would focus this post on them!
For this post I asked Karter who is 3 and a half what questions he wanted to ask his 89 year old great-grandma (whom he calls “great bromey) it was interesting to say the least.
This is what he came up with…
- “Great Bomey, why Dan my uncle?”
-Uncle Danny is your uncle because he married my daughter, your Auntie Gaelyne and grandma’s sister.
2. “What’s your favourite animal?”
– I don’t know, maybe a dog and horse. But I’m too afraid of horses to get near one.
3. “Do you like lions like me?”
-Oh yea, I guess I do.
4. “What do you want to be when you get big?”
-Oh god, I don’t know. I don’t even remember, that was a long long long time ago dear”
5, “Did you have a dog and cat?”
– Oh yea definitely, a great big dog named Jack, I don’t remember the cat’s name. (She then went on a about how her husband brought home a dog for their 11 kids once, and she ended up caring for it, so she had that dog too. And my grandpa was a jerk for bringing one home knowing the kids wouldn’t care for it haha)
6. “Whats your favourite dinosaur?”
– I never liked dinosaurs, sorry my little man and she laughed
7. “Do you love me more than Madisson and Leisha?” (his Aunties)
-Yea but it’ll be our secret
8. “Do you like the zoo?”
– I never really went, but it looks fun and scary haha
9. “Why you like a little boy like me?”
-You’re my special little man, I love you very much.
10. “Was mommy a good boy like me?”
– (laughs) Well yea I guess she was most days, but you’re better. Another secret ok?
After that Karter said, ok thank you, I love you and blew a kiss.
Considering they are about 86 years apart, there bond is adorable. She is forever thanking me for bringing this little boy into her life, at the time I did. (She had just lost a daughter) she had expressed how it brought joy and happiness back into the family, a little piece of her back too.
She often leaves him love notes like the one above for Karter, I take them and put them aside for him because who know’s he may want them, or at least I know I will.